European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS) is an annual research event addressing the IS discipline with regional as well as global perspective. The EMCIS 2020 conference will run online on 25-26 November.
Submission deadline for papers is 20 July. Check the Submission guidelines here.
EMCIS is one of the premier conferences in Europe and Middle Eastern region for Information Systems academics and professionals, covering technical, organisational, business and social issues in the application of Information Technology. EMCIS is dedicated to the definition and establishment of Information Systems as a discipline of high impact for the methodical community and IS professionals – focusing on approaches that facilitate the identification of innovative research of significant relevance to the IS discipline following sound research methodologies that lead to results of measurable impact.
The following are foreseen for EMCIS 2020:
- Online participation: The necessary infrastructure for running the conference is tested and it is in place.
- Parallel sessions will be done using virtual conference rooms.
- Presentations will be delivered online. Presenters will have 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A. All participants can ask questions and get feedback online.
- Engagement: We encourage all participants, to maximize their interaction with the speakers and conference participants.
- Registration fees: Registration fees will be reduced to 50 euro only for this year.
- Best paper awards will be announced during the conference and the awards will be posted to the winners.
Unique characteristics of the EMCIS conference include:
- Conference proceedings will be published in a Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing volume.
- Conference proceedings are indexed by ISI Proceedings, DBLP, EI and Scopus.
- Substantially extended versions of the 10% at most of EMCIS papers may be selected for publication in academic journals.
- Distinctive Keynote addresses by distinguished international scholars from different disciplines, highlighting or discussing particularand generic global topics.
- An international event that continues to attract attendees, academics, practitioners and junior researchers including PhD students from all over the world, enjoying the friendly atmosphere conducive to free exchange of innovative ideas.